Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bucket List

Bucket List

I just saw the previews for a new movie with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman called “The Bucket List.” The premise is that before you die or kick the bucket you need to make a list of do all the things you’d like to do in life before you “kick the bucket.” Part of my list includes taking my wife on a grand tour of Europe, riding my bike across the US and getting a Democratic governor for the Vermont, but I digress.

Governor Douglas has been a governor for three terms and prior to that the Secretary of State, a state legislator, Auditor and candidate for US Senate. He will soon reach the end o f this remarkable run as a bureaucrat, so I thought it might be worthwhile to help him set his agenda, (his bucket list) before the end of his time in elected office.

I thought I would ask my readers to create a “bucket list” for Governor Jim Douglas.

Here are a couple of things to get it started.

-A real energy policy that includes a 10-20 year plan for how Vermonters are going to heat their homes get to their jobs, school etc, light their homes and all those other needs that we have for energy.

-Stop saying “no” for one week.

-An equitable plan on taxes

-Find the beauty in bi-partisanship

I am looking forward to reading your additions to the Governor’s bucket list.

No comments: